Monday, February 18, 2008

Honoring The Dream


Mel: El?
 
El: What, Mel? 


Mel: What are you doing? 

El: I'm building a 9 foot statue of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. out of Legos! And he's holding a big sign that says "I have a dream...that all people...regardless of race, color or creed...will get a chance to see MEL & EL: THIS SHOW RHYMES!" 

Mel: Wowsers. Um...that's VERY creative. 

El: I know! And it's a brilliant way to advertise our show this Sunday since it's right before MLK Day. 

Mel: That seems like an awful lot of hard work.
 

El: It is. So cut the yapping, climb on that ladder and help me.

Mel: My dearest El... when are you going to learn that we don't need fancy ways of presenting information about our upcoming shows? When are you going to learn that we are enough?
 
El: I have a feeling I'm learning it right now. 


Mel: Good girl. 

El: Mel? 

Mel: Yes, El? 

El: What am I going to do with all these Legos? 

Mel: You'll think of something.



Mel & El: This Show Rhymes
Sunday, January 20th at 7PM
The Duplex
61 Christopher Street at Seventh Avenue
Tickets: $15 plus 2 drink minimum

Special Offer: Enter the code MLK next to your name on the reservation form for BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE!
Reservations: www.theduplex.com

or (212) 255-5438


No comments: