Thursday, October 2, 2008

Not Starving

El: I’m hungry, Mel.

Mel: How can you be hungry? You just ate a giant cupcake.

El: Well, you know how we're doing a benefit for America's Second Harvest this Sunday?

Mel: Yes.

El: I just went to the organization's website and read about the "Faces of Hunger in My Community" and it made me absolutely STARVING.

Mel: You probably shouldn't say that.

El: Why not?

Mel: It's politically incorrect.

El: Why?

Mel: Referring to yourself as a Starving Person in this particular context is offensive.

El: But I truly feel starving.

Mel: Yes, but you can eat something whenever you want to. The people we're benefiting cannot.

El: I'm so glad you're my friend so that I know these things. What else is politically incorrect?

Mel: I'll make you a list.

El: Will you put it in alphabetical order?

Mel: Obviously.


The Bake Off
Comic Relief for the Relief of Hunger
Sunday October 5th, 9:30pm at the
Peoples Improv Theater
154 West 29th Street, 2nd Floor
Tickets: $15
www.jellykean.wordpress.com

Come see Mel & El guest star in...



Located downstairs at Comix at 353 W. 14th Street, Ochi's Lounge opens for pre-show hobnobbing one half hour before the first showtime every Monday through Saturday. There is no cover charge and a one item minimum food or drink purchase for every performance.

It is Autumn. You need new things. New music. New undergarments.

Go to www.MelAndEl.com to get the things you need.

No comments: