Monday, January 24, 2011

Dangling


(Michael McKean is acting his face off just for you.)
 
Mel: El?
El: Yes, Mel?
Mel: I'm going on a little vacation to Costa Rica this week.
El: I know that. I hope you have a great time!
Mel: And now I need to say my final goodbyes.
El: Why are you saying that so dramatically?
Mel: Just 'cause.
El: Spill it.
Mel: Um...well...the thing to do in Costa Rica is zip-lining and I'm really scared to do it but I'm totally going to do it because I don't want to be a chicken but, also, the other night I made the mistake of watching the premiere episode of Shonda Rimes' creator of Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice new medical drama Off The Map...
El: Man, that bitch is busy...
Mel: ...in which Michael McKean guest stars as a tourist in South America who goes zip-lining and gets critically injured and stuck dangling over a rain forest and of course that's totally gonna be me but there isn't going to be a conventionally-attractive-yet-earthy actress to come save me (it'll just be a bunch of well-meaning but incredibly frustrated Costa Rican men who don't know what to do with my clumsy American ass) and I'll be stuck there for eternity...dangling...from a zip-line. So...it was nice knowing you....
El: I'm sorry. I stopped listening after you said "chicken butt".
Mel: I never said "chicken butt".
El: You did, but that's not the point. The point is that everything is gonna be okay. And you're gonna get back home in time for our February 3rd show because there's no way in hell I'm doing The El & El Show at Comix.
Mel: Maybe Michael McKean can sub for me.
El: Yeah, he seems up for anything.
 
MEL & EL: Our Time of the Month
Really bloody funny. Period. 
with extra special guest Justin Sayre!
Thursday, February 3rd, 7:30PM
Comix, 353 W. 14th Street, NYC
$10 (cash) at the door
Delicious food & drink available but not required

No comments: